Artmeditate series #5 - Cyrus Fay
The state of meditation and the « oceanic feeling »
The state of meditation is inherent to human nature : we belong to the Universe and the whole Universe is within us : we are all made of star dust.
Our inner self is covered with many layers hiding this deep reality.
I suggest you to plunge into your deep consciousness by turning your senses inward (Pratyahara) in order to access and appreciate your singular self (as in the « oceanic feeling » evoked by Romain Rolland).
5 vital breaths (Vayu) flow in the body, each one is related to one of the 5 elements :
1) Apana Vayu (Earth): Inhale and fill the space around your navel , then exhale sending the air into your legs
2) Prana Vayu (Air): Inhale and fill the space around your navel, then exhale sending the air to the middle of your forehead (Ajna chakra)
3) Vyana Vayu (water): Inhale and fill the space in your forehead, then exhale sending the air into your arms
4) Samana Vayu (Fire): Inhale and fill the space into your shoulders, then exhale sending the air to your navel
5) Uddana Vayu (Ether): Inhale and fill the space around your navel , then exhale sending the air to the top of your head
Repeat 5, 7, 11 times and then focus on your higher state of consciousness : you will experience the perfect harmony with the universe and the strong unity with your true inner self. A natural state of meditation will arise.
I wish you to stay in tune with all the wonders that are in you.
Om Tat sat
Founder of the French Institute of Varma Yoga